Ford ordered to pay $7 million in deadly W.Va. crash involving 2014 Mustang

[ad_1]

A West Virginia jury dominated Tuesday that Ford Motor Co. should pay $7 million to the household of a 19-year-old lady who was killed in a 2016 accident involving her Ford Mustang.

According to the suit, a pickup struck the 2014 Mustang, which subsequently caught hearth, and Breanna Bumgarner was finally killed.

The lawsuit, filed in February 2018 in Charleston, W.Va., alleged the Mustang was “defectively designed thus creating an unreasonable propensity to ignite into flames below regular and foreseeable working circumstances.”

In line with the Charleston Gazette-Mail, the jury dominated Ford was 99 % at fault for Bumgarner’s dying as a result of the Mustang didn’t fairly forestall leakage from the brake fluid reservoir throughout the crash. The jury reserved the remaining 1 % of fault for the driving force who struck the Mustang.

Mike Andrews, an legal professional representing Bumgarner’s household, wrote in an e-mail to Automotive Information that Ford knowingly hid vital security details about the 2005-14 Mustang.

“These defects are signs of the bigger challenge: the 2005-2014 Mustang will not be crashworthy and was not designed to correctly shield occupants or shield in opposition to identified hearth hazards,” Andrews wrote.

Ford spokesperson Ian Thibodeau wrote in an e-mail that the corporate was contemplating its choices.

“Whereas our sympathies exit to Ms. Bumgarner’s household and we respect the jury’s resolution, we don’t consider the decision is supported by the proof,” Thibodeau wrote. “We’ll assessment choices for attraction.”

[ad_2]
Source link