Questions and Answers on Aided Living

When I meet with households in time-sensitive conditions relative to additional care for their very own parents or another loved one, they ask several questions about assisted living. Unfortunately, most young families do not prepare well when their loved ones need more assistance in the home, assisted living, or even assisted living. Following are just some of the inquiries and answers. To learn about question tank, click here.

Q – I am looking at assisted lifestyle for my parents, and an individual told me I should examine a Board and Attention. What exactly is this?

A – Board and Care may be the title the Department of Public Services for the State involving California gave to scaled-down Residential Care Facilities to the Elderly (RCFEs). These are accredited assisted living homes which might be smaller than the larger facilities you might see on main highways, usually accommodating about six residents. Residents staying at this kind of care home may need treatment with various activities of everyday living (grooming, bathing, dressing, food preparation, medication management, etc . ).

Q – Is Aided Living different from Retirement Houses?

A – Though there are lots of similarities, there is a difference. “Retirement Homes” is a generic phrase usually referring to independent or even senior communities whose inhabitants are at least 55-60 years old and are in good general health. On the other hand, assisted living might have many of the same activities, but they have caregivers on staff daily to assist residents with various treatment needs. In addition, many options are available within assisted living, including a variety from small, adult family houses to facilities with several levels of care.

Q – My father, a veteran, should be in assisted living. However, it may not be affordable. At the same time, their assets appear to be too ideal for Medi-Cal eligibility. This doesn’t appear fair. What suggestions have you got?

A – First, the truth is that your father was an expert during the war. There could perfectly be significant benefits to him. Regarding Medi-Cal, the misconception is you have to invest all your money to qualify. That isn’t always true. You may be in a position to protect your assets while qualifying for both Medi-Cal and Veteran’s Aid and Attendance. Specialists in Medi-Cal planning and attorneys acquainted with this can be well worth their charges.

Q – My mom needs to either get outdoor assistance or assisted living in her house. Does Medicare cover any of this particular?

A – Medicare pays for skilled care, home health aides, and skilled care. However, there are limitations, and care is performed with a licensed skilled care expert i. e. Nurse, Physical/Occupational Therapists, etc. Medicare will not pay for nonmedical home treatment or assisted living which could include Companion Care (Cooking, Cleaning, Shopping, Errands), Individual Care (Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Transferring), and medication management (assisted living only). However, additional options for paying.

Q – I am beginning to look into a few locations for my mom, and I’ve been told to complete research and ask a lot of inquiries. Can you provide some type?

A – Assisted Lifestyle and Residential Care Properties (Board & Care) are generally licensed by California State. Therefore, talking and meeting with various people, including those who run the location, caregivers, and residents, is important. Likewise, it’s imperative to review the State’s facility evaluation information typically to see if there have been any infractions against the location, the severity of those citations, and how they were remedied. Unfortunately, the inquiries that need to be asked are way too numerous for this article; one nevertheless, please call our place of work, and we would be happy to offer you guidance in all these regions.

Read also: Elon Musk Reveals His Private Ability