The 40 wildest traces from Donald Trump’s interview with Clay Travis | CNN Politics
On Tuesday at Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump sat down with radio hosts Clay Travis and Buck Sexton for an prolonged interview. He talked 2024, Russia and, effectively, nearly every thing else. To read more click here.
I went by means of the transcript and pulled out the traces from the previous President that you must see. They’re under.
1. “Politically, I assume, you see the polls, and the polls for me have by no means been greater.”
The query Trump was requested was, “How are you doing?” And away we go!
2. “The polls have been extraordinary: 96% approval ranking — and noticed one this morning, 98%, however 96% approval ranking — within the Republican Get together and doing effectively with independents, doing effectively with ladies, doing effectively with all people.”
I can’t discover any latest ballot the place Trump’s approval ranking is at 96% amongst Republicans. That shouldn’t shock you although. He has been saying his approval rating is 96% – with none precise polling to again it up – for years now.
3. “I believe that has quite a bit to do with what’s occurring in Ukraine. You take a look at inflation. You take a look at all the various things which can be occurring so unhealthy for our nation. The border. Who may neglect the border? Tens of millions of individuals, not two million or a million, like they are saying.”
That is unedited. He really stated these six sentences one proper after one other.
4. “Many of those folks come from prisons. They’re being set free.”
I searched and looked for even a single information story that claimed that different nations have been releasing their prisoners so they may come into the USA. I discovered none.
5. “However many of those nations are emptying their prisons like we’re a dumping floor proper into our nation. I’ve by no means seen something prefer it.”
Once more, there’s zero proof for this declare.
6. “You may take the 5 worst presidents within the historical past of our nation and put them collectively; I don’t suppose they’ve performed the injury that this administration has performed.”
So, um, concerning the 5 worst presidents … effectively, the factor is … this is awkward …
7. “Effectively, what went unsuitable was a rigged election and what went unsuitable is a candidate that shouldn’t be there and a person that has no idea of what he’s doing.”
Trump was requested what went unsuitable with Russia and Ukraine. His reply was that the 2020 US election was stolen. Which, uh, what?
8. “I went in yesterday and there was a tv display, and I stated, ‘That is genius.’ Putin declares an enormous portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as unbiased. Oh, that’s great.”
Certainly Trump isn’t suggesting Russia’s declare that components of Ukraine are actually their very own nations is “genius,” proper? RIGHT?!!
9. “So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s unbiased,’ a big part of Ukraine. I stated, ‘How good is that?’ And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper.”
Oh, so he was critical. That is the previous president of the USA praising an authoritarian ruler as “good.” It’s onerous for me to be shocked by something Trump does at this level, however this assertion is truly shocking.
10. “We may use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace pressure I’ve ever seen.”
Russia is massing troops on the japanese and northern borders of Ukraine. And Trump is suggesting America ought to do the identical at our southern border. So … [head explodes].
11. “Right here’s a man who’s very savvy. … I do know him very effectively. Very, very effectively.”
Once more, that is the previous President of the USA praising Russian President Vladimir Putin. It’s completely nuts – and deeply irresponsible.
12. “Right here’s a man that claims, , ‘I’m gonna declare an enormous portion of Ukraine unbiased’ – he used the phrase ‘unbiased’ – ‘and we’re gonna exit and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna assist preserve peace.’ You gotta say that’s fairly savvy.”
Simply heaping reward on probably the largest provocation in Europe since World Conflict II … no biggie.
13. “Effectively, I’d quite see them ship troopers to our southern border. I’d quite see them … In three weeks, you may end it.”
That is Trump suggesting, once more, that the Biden administration ought to militarize our southern border.
14. “I knew Putin very effectively. I bought together with him nice. He appreciated me. I appreciated him. I imply, , he’s a troublesome cookie, bought a variety of the nice allure and a variety of satisfaction.”
He actually can’t say sufficient good issues about Putin.
15. “I believe he sees this chance. I knew that he all the time wished Ukraine. I used to speak to him about it. I stated, ‘You may’t do it. You’re not gonna do it.’ However I may see that he wished it.”
“However I may see that he wished it.”
16. “I believe no one most likely is aware of him higher when it comes to the discussions that now we have or that we’re having this morning. So, I knew him very effectively.”
So, nobody on the earth is aware of Putin higher than Trump? No matter you say, man.
17. “So, once we heard about this, no one knew something about it. No person had any concept – apart from I stated very early on it got here, clearly it got here from the Wuhan lab, and I took a variety of warmth.”
A report from the Director of National Intelligence made clear that sources are divided as as to whether the virus originated in a market close to Wuhan, China or in a lab.
18. “You already know, once you see physique baggage mendacity in every single place across the Wuhan lab, it’s not that arduous a guess, a guesstimate.”
Trump has made this declare earlier than. And, no, there’s no precise proof to again that up.
19. “So, I heard about it, and we actually mobilized quick, and we made a variety of nice choices.”
Right here’s Trump in January 2020: “We’ve got it completely below management. It’s one particular person coming in from China, and now we have it below management. It’s going to be simply high quality.”
20. “Fauci wasn’t an enormous participant in my administration as a result of I made the choices.”
Yeah, this is smart. You undoubtedly don’t need a extremely revered physician making choices throughout the coronary heart of a pandemic.
21. “It’s a really difficult machine — extra difficult, consider it or not, than constructing a automobile.”
Ventilators: “A really difficult machine.”
22. “Now now we have so many masks we don’t know what to do with them, and now you’re discovering out the masks don’t work that effectively.”
From the CDC: “Masking is a crucial public well being software for stopping unfold of COVID-19, and you will need to keep in mind that any masks is healthier than no masks.”
23. “However there’s so many issues that we did that have been so good.”
Trump’s summation of his dealing with of Covid-19: There have been so many issues that we did that have been so good.”
24. “And all people wished the vaccine. And as soon as I used to be out, all of the sudden folks didn’t need it.”
That is false. There was a massive surge of vaccination within the first few months of President Joe Biden’s time period.
25. “So, however with the extra critical, the children, there was a sure state that misplaced many individuals. However, of the many individuals, hundreds of individuals, however of the hundreds of individuals, no one, not one particular person was below the age of 16 or 17.”
I actually do not know.
26. “We didn’t even know what this factor was, don’t neglect. No person had any concept what this was. We have been saying, what’s it? So, I believe we did an ideal job.”
The concept that the US has no concept what Covid-19 was is a drastic rewriting of historical past. Trump spent months downplaying the virus, sure. However that’s very completely different than not figuring out what it was and the way a lot of a menace it was to our nation.
27. “I do help it, and I’ve nice respect for them and principally their freedoms have been being taken away with the mandates and different issues that they have been speaking about very pretty.”
That is the previous President on the trucker blockade in Canada geared toward protesting Covid-19 vaccine mandates. It’s good to know that “they have been speaking about it very pretty.”
28. “However Canada may be very sad, and Mexico may be very sad. You already know, in a manner, that makes me really feel good. In one other manner, I’d like them to be glad.”
29. “I hope he does nice for the nation. I believe it’s too late as a result of I don’t suppose he can do nice for the nation.”
So, Trump hopes Biden “does nice” for the nation. But additionally, it’s too late for him to do nice for the nation. Yeah, this all checks out.
30. “There’s been a lot injury performed that I believe if he turned out to be George Washington and Abraham Lincoln mixed, I believe the online result’s so unhealthy, I simply don’t suppose he can do it.”
If Joe Biden turned out to be Washington and Lincoln reincarnated, I really feel like we’d have much more to debate than simply how he’s doing as president.
31. “I don’t suppose he’s going to run, or I don’t suppose he’s — , he may run and perhaps anyone would run towards him, and that’s very uncommon, that one thing like that may occur. She doesn’t appear to be highly regarded within the polls. You already know, there was the polls of me towards him, and I’m main by quite a bit.”
In the middle of simply three sentences, Trump says: a) Biden isn’t going to run b) somebody may main him c) Vice President Kamala Harris isn’t highly regarded and d) he’s beating Biden badly in all of the polls. Wonderful. What a journey.
32. “Normally, you select anyone that begins off at one and finally ends up at 15 or 20, , going like a rocket ship up. … So I believe she’s gonna definitely put a play in.”
Sure, waiter, I’ll have the phrase salad please.
33. “When her sneakers fell off, when she couldn’t raise her foot up in, she couldn’t stroll, she stored falling down going into the airplanes.”
Trump is speaking about Hillary Clinton right here though it’s by no means clear what, particularly, he’s speaking about. My greatest guess is he’s referring to when Clinton stumbled at a 9/11 remembrance ceremony in September 2016.
34. “I’ll say, although, The Washington Publish form of apologized for his or her protection. The Occasions didn’t.”
Neither The Washington Publish nor The New York Occasions has “apologized” for his or her protection of Trump. However you already knew that.
35. “So, I believe you’ll be glad. … Marketing campaign finance legal guidelines, so you possibly can’t speak about these items, so I received’t. However I believe you’ll be glad. I actually consider you’ll be glad.”
What Trump is successfully saying right here is that, sure, he’s most likely operating for president once more, however doesn’t wish to announce it simply but and run afoul of marketing campaign finance legal guidelines. So, there’s that.
36. “Twitter is boring as hell now.”
The previous President of the USA, women and gents!
37. “They wish to get a reputation, proper? You already know, they need a reputation, like ‘tweet.’ Okay, tweet. They’d prefer it to be 5 letters. So that they all the time have an X. You already know, put an X in entrance as a result of – so that they gone by means of all these loopy names that no one…”
He’s speaking concerning the naming strategy of his new social media site Truth Social. I believe…
38. “Their minds are blowing as a result of Trump has the title ‘fact.’ So there’s 5 letters, and what’s higher than ‘fact?’
39. “We’re gonna come again, we’re gonna come again sturdy, we’ll be greater and higher and stronger than ever earlier than. One thing’s gonna occur.”
“One thing’s gonna occur.” – Trump
40. “I believe he’s coming again as a result of I watched the best way he … You already know, everybody stated he was retiring, however he didn’t form of say that. I believe he may come again and, should you take a look at statistics, he was main nearly each class.”
Trump thinks Tom Brady goes to return out of retirement! Yeah, this looks like a superb place to finish.